Saturday 5 March 2011

A Perfect Day In

Aimee sprouted chickenpox this week so we have been forced to stay in the house.  She has suffered from eczema from birth so add chickenpox to the mix and you have one very itchy and unhappy girl. We decided to spend the afternoon baking fairy cakes and attempting to make our own easter egg to take our minds off things.  Here's how it went...


Aimee decided we had to have pink bun cases although she did add three blue ones in for daddy so he wouldn't feel left out.







When I say we made buns I pretty much just took the photos and Aimee did the rest.  She is nearly four now and its scary how much she can do on her own.  Where has my baby gone?!  Of course she had to test the mix a few dozen times just to make sure it was right so we didn't end up with the 16 buns we were supposed to.





I have to say, and of course I'm not being biased, my daughter is gifted in the kitchen.  The buns were delicious and we had a ball decorating them (I got to help with this bit).  Our easter egg is still in the mould at the moment so we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

On a side note for other mums out there I was recommended a great cream that works for both chickenpox and eczema to relieve itching, Eurax.  It really helped and you can get it in most chemists.

1 comment:

  1. awww how cute does aimee look! like a little chef!! :) x

    ReplyDelete