Wednesday 27 July 2011

When Years Pass By Like Days

I can't believe what an amazing anniversary weekend I had away with Paul!  The weather was glorious and the 'restaurant with rooms' we stayed at was just incredible.  I have been dreaming about the meal we had since I got home!  I took so many photos I'm afraid they are going to cover a few posts.

We had a lovely afternoon shopping before heading to the Watermill Lodge to check in and get dinner.  The chef is french and an absolute genius in the kitchen.  I have a post to come on the food alone.  After dinner we enjoyed a lazy hour talking and enjoying the view from our room before heading out for a walk around the lough.  I slept for a solid 10 hours before enjoying yet more great food and then we headed back in the direction of home to celebrate my dad's birthday. 

These first group of photos are of the restaurant and accomodation.  I've already told paul I'm taking him back at christmas for our own christmas dinner:)






















More photos on the way soon


1 comment:

  1. Lovely place for a marvelous week-end...

    Pierre
    http://pierre-boyer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete